Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OMG...Did he really say Bifocals?

Okay...so I finally went in to see the eye doctor after complaining to Todd for quite sometime that I was having trouble seeing things close up. I knew that I would be ending up with glasses, which is why I put it off as long as I did. I knew it would be expensive and didn't want that expense right now. However, my poor old dad has been having trouble and didn't get his eyes checked for a time and he is in really bad shape right now. He has macular degeneration and where he didn't get it treated soon enough, he is now going through all shorts of stuff (surgery next week) to try to get the progression slowed down. His vision is not good and being left untreated like it was they don't know that they can reverse it. That being said, I was told on my last eye doctor visit that I had what looked like the beginnings of this macular degeneration. I thought that it was like last year, but no it turns out that appointment was three years ago. Where does time go? Man what a quick three years. Well that part of my eyes checked out fine. There has been no progression in the areas that appear to be the trouble spots so that was good news. But as the doctor began doing all the other tests he was amazed at how much my vision had changed. I said, "Yeah, I came in today fully expecting you to give me some reading glasses." He just looked at me and said, "well more like some bifocals." Are you kidding me?? I really can't be ready for bifocals. Holy crap! Well the choosing out of frames was very interesting, I tried on several pair and all I could think about was how old they made me look. I just kept thinking, "Man I look just like my mother!" That isn't a bad thing, but come on now, she is 67 not 37. Well the new glasses should be ready for me to pick up in about 10 days so I will post a photo when I get them. Here I thought a pair of reading glasses was what I would need, but no...I will be wearing them all the time I guess. So much for aging gracefully! On the positive note, I will have them just in time to start school. YIPPEE!!!!

1 comment:

Jess and Nate said...

Not as bad as it used to be... they have some very stylish glasses and you can even get the lens without that definate LINE... I'm sure they'll be so helpful. Take it from a girl who's had glasses since 2nd grade :)